Example of anchor links

Table of Contents

GOVERNMENT guidance for employers and employees during Covid-19

The department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and Public Health England have issued guidance for employers, employees and businesses in England. 
Read gov.uk/guidance pages for more information.

Advice for businesses in Scotland can be found here:

Advice for businesses in Wales can be found here:

Social distancing in the workplace

The department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy have published sector-specific guidance on social distancing in the workplace, including working on farms and working outdoors.
Read gov.uk/guidance pages for more information.


Best practices to avoid the spread of coronavirus for seasonal workers on fruit and vegetable farms

Read ahdb.org.uk/coronavirus/social-distancing-farm-businesses for more information.


Furloughed workers

If you are on furlough you will not be able to work for your employer. If your contract allows, you may undertake other employment while your current employer has placed you on furlough (including seasonal agricultural work), and this will not affect the grant that they can claim under the scheme.
Read gov.uk/guidance pages for more information


Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA)

All labour providers must hold a GLAA licence, which means they meet the conditions of the licensing standards. These are all legal requirements, to protect workers from poor treatment and exploitation. 

Visit gla.gov.uk to find out more information.

The GLAA had introduced a temporary licensing scheme to assist critical food supply sectors in running as smoothly as possible during the coronavirus outbreak.  The GLAA announced on 28 May that they would not accept any further applications for the scheme from 1 June and that any temporary licence applications in process will be cancelled.  For further detail, please see the announcement here.


Piece rates: guidance for employers and workers in the agriculture sector

Click here to download the PDF
Information can also be found on the government website here.