- 100 g thin cut minute or sirloin steaks
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil
- 1-2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 thick slices of sourdough or granary bread, toasted
- 4 teaspoons reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 2 large bunches fresh watercress leaves
- 1-2 medium tomatoes, sliced
For the caramelised onions and mushrooms:
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- Extra sliced cherry tomatoes and cucumber, to serve
- Remove the steaks from the fridges and bring up to room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer the steaks to a shallow plate, brush with half the oil, season and sprinkle with the paprika on both sides.
- To prepare the vegetables; heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick pan and cook the onions and mushrooms over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 5 minutes until slightly caramelised. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan until hot and cook the steaks for 2-4 minutes, turning once. Set aside to rest for 1-2 minutes then slice.
- Spread the bread slices with the mayonnaise and top with the watercress leaves, tomatoes, caramelised vegetables and the steak.
- Finish with a few small watercress sprigs and serve with extra cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices on the side.
Serving: 428gCalories: 389kcalCarbohydrates: 32.2gProtein: 22.8gFat: 16.6gSaturated Fat: 2.8gSalt: 0.74gFibre: 9.3gSugars: 10gVitamin B12: 1.1µgIron: 4.4mgPrint Recipe