- 2x 100 g beef thin cut or minute steaks
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning or similar
- 150 g new potatoes, cut into quarters
- 30 g low fat grated cheese
For the Crunchy Salsa:
- 75 g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50 g pitted black or green olives, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- Large handful freshly chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley
- Allow the steaks to come up to room temperature for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Transfer the steaks to a plate, brush with the oil on both sides and seasoning all over. Cover and set aside.
- To prepare the salsa, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked. Drain.
- Gently heat a medium non-stick pan until hot and fry the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side (for medium).
- Sprinkle the cheese over the potatoes and serve with the steak, the crunchy salsa, a side salad and a selection of relishes.
Serving: 332gCalories: 323kcalCarbohydrates: 18.5gProtein: 28.4gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4.7gSalt: 1.37gFibre: 5gSugars: 7gVitamin B12: 1.7µgIron: 2.51mgPrint Recipe